Thursday, June 23, 2011

IDA Success Stories: Laura Bond

Unfortunately, I became disabled in 1995 at 35 years of age, and was forced to live in a housing assistant living apartment. After living there for seven years, I qualified for a Section 8 voucher and was so happy and thankful to get out of that apartment setting and get my own place again.

I never imagined being a home owner. I took the classes IDA offered, and welcomed the education. I learned I can be a homeowner. Although I was on a tight budget I learned ways to budget my money, pay off debt, save for a downpayment [for my home], and that there is home warrantee insurance available if things should break down. I am overwelmed with joy at the thought of having my own house. I couldn't be more proud and thankful for the program.

Sincere thanks for helping me take the steps to have such a blessed future.

Thanks again, Laura Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment