Tuesday, August 9, 2011

IDA Success Stories: Rocio

We did it!!!!

My name is Rocio, I’m a single mother, and I have a 12 year old daughter named Alyssa. This is our success story:

I was tired of living in apartments, paying rent to people and never seeing any good results out of that scenario. My dream was always to own my own home, but to me it was “only a dream”.

I wanted my own home, but being a single mother and not making a lot of money, I never thought I could own one. I used to go out on weekends to see open houses, just dreaming, and in my mind thought, “I will never have anything like this…How...With what money...My credit is not that great…What can I do...Who could help me...” All those questions ran through my mind, but no answers.

In May 2004, I heard about Granite Mortgage. I went to see them and they told me about Ashley Powell. Mrs. Powell gave me all the information that I needed and she also gave me hope. Ashley gave me the name of realtor Phillip Rector. In the beginning I didn’t want to call Mr. Rector because I ad a lot of bad experiences with other realtors, but one day I finally called him, and I have never regretted it since. Mr. Rector told me about the IDA program, and sent me an application. I was immediately contacted by Mrs. Bianca Green, and she guided me every step of the way. The IDA program was one of the best things that happened to me and my child.

During this time I hit a few bumps, like car problems etc., but I always had the support of Mr. Rector and Mrs. Green, and the IDA program. Every question was answered and they always encouraged me to keep going. I wanted a home. And this year, on Friday January 13th, 2006 I closed on my DREAM. I have a house; I still can’t believe it! I, Rocio, have a house with a 2 car garage and a yard my child to play in. This has been a great year! Not everything was easy and it took a long time and a lot of patience, but I finally did it.

So, please don’t give up! Because if I can do it, anybody can. I thank God everyday for giving me the courage to keep going.

May God bless each and every one of you.

Sincerely,
Rocio and Alyssa.

No comments:

Post a Comment